Immeasurable success comes from an invaluable workforce.
We Are Our People
Many modern manufacturers promise a cut-and-paste product, and that is okay. It’s easy to promise results when people and parts are interchangeable.
At CPS, our success stems from the immeasurable impact of our workforce. We are able to create custom, enterprise-level products, and components thanks to the exceptional people behind the process.
CPS is a world leader in metal matrix and ceramic composites. We continue to innovate and accelerate market megatrends to drive industry customization.
Teams, Not Individuals
We work together to create customized modern material solutions. No one person can deliver world-leading metal matrix and ceramic products and components. It takes teamwork to develop solutions our clients trust.
Room for Growth
Our markets are large and growing — and our competition is limited. Only a few companies in the world can make high quality metal matrix composites.
CPS’ technology is a strong, proprietary process for combining metals and ceramics. This is supported by an experienced and capable management team who ensures we’re always moving forward.
Looking to the Future
No industry stays the same forever. With economic and climate uncertainty comes a need to focus on the future. CPS experts and composite engineers work to bring innovative new materials and material solutions to clients who need them.
Transform the World With Us
We are on a mission to change the world — and we need your help! We are always seeking bright minds who share our vision for the future. If you are eager to make your mark on the world, check out our available positions to see where you fit in!
About the Position:
The Manufacturing Engineer will primarily be responsible for supporting projects and programs, develop processes, tooling, manufacturing instructions, and equipment to support customer requirements and production schedules.
The following functions are key to success in this position:
- Work alongside other engineers and technicians to develop and monitor production controls and follow all established health, safety and environmental policies
- Contribute to major projects involving all aspects of Production including process evaluation, troubleshooting, monitoring process performance, making recommendations for Capital Equipment and implementing process (continuous) improvements
- Support manufacturing operations activities to characterize, stabilize and improve CPS processes, yields, and efficiencies including implementation of new manufacturing processes and/or equipment
- Will work closely with the production team, drive initiatives to reduce scrap and rework levels, eliminate waste, improve overall efficiency, and ensure quality and safety are built into processes at every step
- BS in Engineering, Manufacturing, Metallurgical, Material Science, Mechanical, Industrial, or a similar discipline is required; U.S. Citizenship required. Must have 2-4 years of proven experience as a MFE or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical process control methods and analysis; manufacturing methods; and general engineering knowledge. Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, high work standards and attention to detail. Expected to work both independently and on teams
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineers: 2 years
- Creating, modifying, and optimizing Visual Basic for Applications macro’s and programs.
- Programming and troubleshooting Cognex systems and insight explorer.
- Automation design, programming, integrating PLC’s, and troubleshooting and optimizing existing automated systems.
Manufacturing Engineer Co-op/Intern
CPS is a world-leader in developing advanced materials solutions for transportation, energy, aviation, defense, and oil & gas industries.
Our advanced metal matrix composites offer superior benefits compared to traditional materials and give our customers complete confidence in product performance and reliability.
We are looking for a talented, driven engineering student with an interest in 3d printing, ceramics, metal matrix manufacturing, and/or building and scaling production lines may be a good fit. You will be part of a small team and find that your day-to-day tasks actively contribute to our company’s success. Our ideal teammate communicates effectively, is process and data-driven, works well under pressure, and is eager to learn. As a Manufacturing Engineer Co-op/Intern, your primary customer will be our manufacturing technicians. This may include projects related to improving part transport, sourcing the right solution for our application, quality control, and root cause analysis to name a few! You will become intimately familiar with our production workflow allowing you to drive high level improvements to the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Address CAPA’s via root cause analysis and design of experiments
- Employ 5S and lean manufacturing techniques
- Ensure that the best solutions (processes, machines, tools) are being employed within our production line
- Perform process workflow simulations, risk assessments, and process change validation documentation
- Ability to design and test jigs and other aids to support productivity and performance
- Support production team by troubleshooting issues
- In-Progress Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Interest in manufacturing methods and procedures and process development
- Interest in developing risk-based thinking, failure analysis, design of experiments, and root cause analysis skills
- Self-motivated, data-driven, eager to learn, excellent organizational skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinker
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills
- Interest in controls systems and automation.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Materials Scientist/Engineer to join our Product Development team. In this role you will primarily be responsible for supporting current research and development (R&D) efforts from conception through product introduction.
The Material Scientist will primarily be responsible for:
- Carrying out hands-on R&D efforts including:
- Metallographic sample preparation
- Characterization (LOM/SEM/XRD/XRF)
- Coordinating testing conducted at external labs (mechanical, thermal, etc.)
- R&D/product conceptualization including:
- Assist with proposal development and writing
- Develop and execute test plans
- Document and communicate evaluation results through technical reports and presentations
- Assist Manufacturing, Quality, and Sales departments
- Conducting hands-on failure analysis
- Process evaluation/optimization for implementation of continuous improvements
- Perform analysis to characterize, stabilize and improve CPS processes, yields, and efficiencies via the implementation of new manufacturing processes/equipment
- Evaluate impacts to material characteristics for initial part qualifications, subsequent process changes, and repairs
- Interact with customers to better understand requirements of current and future CPS products.
- BS in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or a similar discipline is required
- Demonstrated R&D experience
- Metallographic sample preparation proficiency
- Materials characterization techniques such as SEM/EDS, light microscopy, mechanical testing, etc.
- Strong writing skills
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- MS in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering ideal (0-2 years experience)
- Able to obtain DoD Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing techniques and applications (laser powder bed fusion, binder jetting, and others)
- Experience with traditional industrial metallurgical processes and procedures (metal casting, heat treating, coating)
- Familiar with powder metallurgy and ceramic processing techniques
- Experience with brazing/sealing processes
- Knowledge of oxidation and corrosion mechanisms and mitigations
Human Resource Generalist
- Assist with internal and external HR-related matters
- Maintain and assist with payroll, time & attendance, and employee database and prepare reports
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures
- Assist with recruiting, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Coordinate constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- May assist and perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- May attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Assist to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or Certification in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of human resource experience in manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.